Web Designer/Front end developer
A Web Designer, with 2-3 years proven commercial experience, is needed to work across all design and digital projects. You will be working within our design team to create concepts and designs for B2b partner web sites as well as online and mobile user interfaces.
Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Position:
- To create re–usable mark-up and code that can be deployed across all sites and then integrate it and test it with backend systems.
- To design and build multi-lingual web pages for core and affiliated sites
- To be aware of SEO best practices and proactively seek to improve SEO throughout.
- Learn and use specified company standards and procedures to modify existing web pages and design new ones.
- Ensure that (X)HTML and CSS is W3C valid
- Keeping up to date with new languages, web methodologies and standards.
- To create page mockups (flat and html) to be used in technical specifications
- Fix bugs, troubleshoot and critique coding and design to ensure quality end products.
- Feed ideas and opinions back to colleagues and managers.
- Help to improve existing methodologies if possible.
- Meet established deadlines, or consult with management to adjust deadlines.
Necessary Experience/Technical or Professional Qualifications/ Personal Skills:
- 2-3 years use of Photoshop and a mainstream development IDE such as Eclipse.
- 1+ years experience of PHP and mySQL development.
- Good understanding of web standards and semantic mark-up.
- Good experience with accessibility, usability and cross-browser issues.
- Good web design creativity and understanding of user interface design.
- Willing to keep up-to-date with emerging web technologies and methodologies and use them where appropriate, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Be able to work to deadlines, both independently and within the team.
- Be a multi-tasker, self–motivated and want to take concepts and ideas and develop them.
- Some knowledge, or ability to learn Flash and ActionScript
Please send CV with covering letter, work samples and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to job listing
Amoja Key Facts
solutions to media and
implementations in over 50